Senior Event Designer and Sales Representative
Event Creative is hiring a Senior Event Designer. This position will be expected to cultivate new clients, create stunning and innovative designs, manage budgets meticulously and be actively involved in each event sold, from concepting through execution. Heavy focus on prospecting and client relationship building as well as proposal writing and overall event management.
- Prospecting and developing new client relationships within a defined market
- Focus on corporate business and large scale productions
- Meet or exceed sales quotas
- Consulting with clients and department managers on business issues and design
- Develop innovative proposals
- Developing insightful recommendations for new products and ideas
- Managing and mentoring junior design staff and various department assistants
- Cultivate existing client relationships
- Plan, develop and grow new client relationships
- Maintain and utilize existing industry contacts
- Ability and willingness to travel and manage out-of-state events
- Maintain well organized event records
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients, vendors and internal management
- Maintain accurate and workable budget
- Typically handles larger and more complex client accounts
- Long hours, nights and weekends required
- Minimum of 5+ years experience managing creating, developing and managing events full time. Resumes with less than 5 years experience will not be considered.
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of lighting, sound, floral and design. Specific knowledge of a specialized area such as: stage production, lighting technology and design, transportation, set fabrication, etc a definite plus.
- Necessary skills include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of event planning and production
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Superior business and negotiation skills
- The ability to handle numerous accounts simultaneously with excellent organizational skills
- Self-managing priorities and commitments is mandatory
- Ideal candidate will be proactive and have multiple plans in place for potential situations
- Comfortable working with unions and permitting committees
- Confident , ambitious and non-stop – the hours are long and the environment can be challenging
- College graduate (BA or BS) preferred.
- Daily Use of: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Knowledge of CAD or Sketch Up is a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Carly Mondane, with “Senior Event Designer and Sales Representative” in the subject line.