Senior Event Designer and Sales Representative
Event Creative is hiring a Senior Event Designer. This position will be expected to cultivate new clients, create stunning and innovative designs, manage budgets meticulously and be actively involved in each event sold, from concepting through execution. Heavy focus on prospecting and client relationship building as well as proposal writing and overall event management.
- Prospecting and developing new client relationships within a defined market
- Focus on corporate business and large scale productions
- Meet or exceed sales quotas
- Consulting with clients and department managers on business issues and design
- Develop innovative proposals
- Developing insightful recommendations for new products and ideas
- Managing and mentoring junior design staff and various department assistants
- Cultivate existing client relationships
- Plan, develop and grow new client relationships
- Maintain and utilize existing industry contacts
- Ability and willingness to travel and manage out-of-state events
- Maintain well organized event records
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients, vendors and internal management
- Maintain accurate and workable budget
- Typically handles larger and more complex client accounts
- Long hours, nights and weekends required
- Minimum of 5+ years experience managing creating, developing and managing events full time. Resumes will less than 5 years experience will not be considered.
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of lighting, sound, floral and design. Specific knowledge of a specialized area such as: stage production, lighting technology and design, transportation, set fabrication, etc a definite plus.
- Necessary skills include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of event planning and production
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Superior business and negotiation skills
- The ability to handle numerous accounts simultaneously with excellent organizational skills
- Self-managing priorities and commitments is mandatory
- Ideal candidate will be proactive and have multiple plans in place for potential situations
- Comfortable working with unions and permitting committees
- Confident , ambitious and non-stop – the hours are long and the environment can be challenging
- College graduate (BA or BS) preferred.
- Daily Use of: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Knowledge of CAD or Sketch Up is a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sr. Designer” in the subject line.
Graphic/ Video Designer Position (West Loop)
VenueONE, a premier event and meeting destination, located in the West Loop, is looking for a Graphic/ Video Designer for their team.
The position requires a willingness to learn new equipment, working well in a corporate environment and availability to work nights and weekends.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5+ years of post college experience working in practical design work.
Compensation starts at 45-60K/ year depending on experience + Vacation, Benefits, and Bonuses.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Venue One Graphic/Video Designer” in the subject line.
Lighting and AV Manager
Event Creative is hiring a Lighting and AV manager. This position is expected to support the sales team in technical designs, create plans and plots for crew, manage crews in house and during event installation, and create and maintain budgets. In addition to the overall execution of all lighting and AV needs, an overall understanding of large scale event production is required. This position is best suited for someone that has both a management background, in addition to a working knowledge of onsite set up.
- Must have a solid understanding of lighting and AV equipment, set-up, and programming
- Create weekly and monthly schedules for crew members
- Create pack lists for all equipment and materials needed to complete a job onsite
- Manage and mentor crew members to build an efficient, versatile and reliable team both in the warehouse and onsite
- Manage the execution of all lighting and AV needs
- Go on site visits of venues with sales team
- Create new and innovative uses of inventory
- Organize and manage equipment maintenance
- Participate in planning meetings with fellow management and sales team
- Understand new and upcoming technical advances in the industry
- Long hours, nights and weekends required
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lighting and AV Manager” in the subject line.